Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All About Me



Yes, that's a picture of me. No, I don't like it. It's not often that I am actually in the picture and certainly even less that I might like it! Awhile back, I found an idea for an album that I put on the must do sometime in future list... Truth is, most of the items on that list don't usually come to fruition (who actually says fruition?!) but this idea is different.


Growing up, my mother didn’t share very many details of her life. I don’t know the name of the town where she grew up, I don’t know the name of the place where she met my father…I don’t know much about her before me. I didn’t get the opportunity to find out more. She died when I was in my early 20s.


I have one box of family photos. Only a handful of the photos in that box are actually of my mother. There are some photos of my mother in the early days of her marriage, a few when I’m young and even less as she got older. I had so many questions that went unanswered, so many questions that I can’t ask her now. I often wish she had left some history, some journal…something that would speak to me when she can’t.


Today is the beginning of my new project! Since my birthday is the 13th (of February…I'll wait while you write that down…Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.netheehee!) the plan is to post on (or really close to!) the 13th of every month with a self-portrait (ugh!) and some journaling…maybe what I did that day, advice, random thoughts… Who knows where this will go? At least I’ll post once a month! Heehee! I’m thinking that eventually I will have the posts printed and bound…or at least scrapbooked...a bit of my own family history!


So, for my first entry…

Melanie tagged me awhile back and I’m finally getting around to posting it!


Rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2.Write six random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.

6 random things about me

1) I’m a better loser than winner. (The hubby doesn't agree with me - go figure!)


2) I usually take a glass of water with me to the bedroom at night, but I don’t take it out in the morning. (I tell my husband I leave the half full glasses of water decorating the top of my radiator to humidify the bedroom – he knows better!)


3) I’m not organized…(what?! you didn’t know that?) at least not in a way such that someone else could find things in my chaos! I’m a piler.


4) I love dresses and heels, but rarely wear them.


5) I love dogs – but can’t stand the way they smell – except when they’re puppies and have that kind of “new baby” smell!!! (I have an Australian Shepherd that I adore, but have to rinse my hands every time I pet her…)


6) I love "big boy toys" - trucks, ATV Quads, sleds (snowmachines), dirt bikes, paintball...adrenaline junkie?! Maybe in another life...


I'm tagging:

Kyrsten

Marie

Krista

Andrea

Felicia

Staci

3 comments:

  1. It is so much fun to get to know more about you! And I always thought you were super organized, go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I did it!
    www.simplytakenportraits.com/taken
    It was really fun, and I'm so random that it was a perfect fit! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me. I'll have to do it when I get back from my holiday since I am probably only going to have time to get essentials done before I leave on Wed. Fun to find out more about you. I like the picture--black and white is nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!