Thursday, December 2, 2010

#reverb10 - One Word

Okay.
Here goes.
Another
Daily challenge
During this
Oh.So.Busy.
Time of the year.

Thanks to Ali Edwards I found Reverb10. From their website:

"Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead. With Reverb 10, we'll do both.

This December we invite you to share your story and join us in reflection."


So, I've accepted. Late to the party as usual, but here nonetheless. If all goes well, I'll post every day. 'Day' being the keyword! (Making this post a quick one, so I can get to bed!)

December 1
One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)


So, that's really a total of two words, right?

Mayhem - a state of disorder

That's my word for 2010. I would have liked a more positive word, you know, like amazing, but this past year has seemed to be a constant flow of experiences, choices and consequences that have altered my world in big way. It really hasn't stopped.

I'm still feeling the aftershocks.

I would love to be able to say that these have all been wonderful times in which I have always made the right decision and things have worked out as planned, but then 'mayhem' wouldn't have been a good word choice, would it?

I don't know if I'm ready to commit to one word for 2011 just yet. There are so many things I want to manifest this coming year in myself and my relationships. Tentatively, the words courage, amelioration (meaningful and fun to say!) and metamorphosis come to mind. 

Lovely words
of strength,
healing,
and change. 

Quite the trifecta, wouldn't you say?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!