Friday, December 3, 2010

#reverb10 - Writing


Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)


Apple Pie Love

Right now Life seems to consist of work, family, home, repeat. I'm not complaining. I love my job and the people and stories I encounter because of it, I adore my family and the richness they add to my Life and the pursuit of Domestic Goddesshood (and yes, spellcheck, that's a word...) that helps me to put things in perspective.

These all qualify as blog fodder, right?

When I saw this prompt this morning, the first thing to come to mind was internet surfing. I don't spend a lot of time (some days not any) hanging out on the social networks. I do, however, love to read blogs and websites, gleaning whatever inspiration and encouragement comes my way. Clicking a link here, following a link there...and before I know it an hour that was supposed to be only 15 minutes has passed by.

Then it hit me.

So, while my creative juices are flowing, my cup runneth over...and into the drain field! Lately, I spend too much time thinking about what I could do and should be spending more time actually doing, creating, experiencing those things that are meaningful to me!

Hmmm...shoulda, woulda, coulda...

So, I dig a little deeper.
The fear.
Am I enough?

I am constantly working on this. Learning every day, a little at a time, to accept that I am enough, to not hide behind the clutter in my life, those people and activities, that sap my precious time and leave me feeling wasted, overwhelmed...not enough. Always wondering 'what more could I have done?'

Eliminate this paralyzing fear? One day.

Every experience, every event, every laugh, fall, tear...are all opportunities for me to be present in the moment, to reflect and later share parts of my story, our story - the story of our family, to document not only the crossroads, but the seemingly mundane moments that are the foundation of our days.

Our enoughness.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely - writing us so internal, so personal, that however much other things and people in our lives overwhelm us (even if we love them dearly), writing should be for you. And in that case, how much more you can you be than what you are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your hopes and fears. More mayhem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!