Saturday, May 26, 2012

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Bloghop

How do you observe Memorial Day? Do you honor those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our nation?

In May 2000 a "National Moment of Remembrance" resolution was passed that asks:

"...[on Memorial Day] at 3 p.m. local time, for all Americans "To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence or listening to 'Taps." (Memorial Day History)

This Memorial Day I not only wanted to honor the fallen, but the men & women and their families who are currently serving our great country. Operation Write Home is dedicated to "Helping heroes keep in touch with home."

I know there is a lot of inspiration to be seen today, so I won't keep you much longer! I chose to use Sketch #62(click the link to see more projects using sketch #62.) I love how it resembles a polaroid. Remember those 'instant' pictures?


I wanted to make a 'thank you' card using this adorable Great Impressions Stamp. We all have so much and so many to be thankful for, don't we?

God Bless America!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to leave a comment, so I can visit you, too.

Click the badge below to get back to the link list for the OWH Memorial Day Sketch Bloghop!


Inky red white & blue hugs!
Angi

No comments: