Sunday, June 3, 2012

Great Impressions Stamps June Challenge - Punches or Dies!

Hello June!

I know...I'm a few days late, but that's pretty much par for the course for this time of year for me. Making the transition to a home that's busier than usual with the kids and the hubs home more often than not - a change I definitely like! - takes a little getting used to...

Today is the beginning of Great Impressions Stamps June Challenge. The theme this month is PUNCHES or DIES (or Silhouette, eClips, Cricut, etc...)

For some reason babies have been a subject I've heard a lot about recently; I've noticed I'm a bit low on my baby card stash, so naturally my challenge project is a baby card. Even better? May's Stamp of the Month stamps were baby themed!


If you don't have a local store that participates in the SOTM program, you can get May's SOTM stamps at the Great Impressions Online Store.


Here's a few notes about this card:

I cut white card stock using the Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Alterations Die "family" and then stamped over it with the Great Impressions Stamp "New Little Baby" (C434). Using a blender tool and Distress Ink I colored the word "Family" to help it stand out.

I stamped the "Baby Boy Sneakers" (E756) in Versamark Watermark ink and then embossed them in white. I colored the sneakers using a blender pen and Distress Markers. The black stars were colored with a Black Glaze pen.

"Heaven Sent" (B221) is embossed in black and then layered over a die cut ticket and then layered over a die cut tag. All of the layers' edges were inked with Distress Ink.

There you have it, folks! Short & sweet. Can't wait to see what you make...remember to scroll down to the bottom of the challenge post to link up!

Inky hugs,
Angi

No comments: